The heart doctors at South Denver Cardiology, are passionate about helping our patients with preventative heart health care. Our doctors and staff are always looking for fun exercises that will not only help our patients’ health, but to also put a smile on their face. Here are a couple of fun heart healthy exercises that you can do to keep your health, and heart, in tip-top shape.
- Go for a walk. It may sound too easy and too simple, but walking is one of the best exercises you can do for your heart. And it’s very low impact on your body. Best of all: it’s free! Get up off your couch and push yourself to walk at a face pace to achieve a moderate intensity level.
- Try running for an extra challenge. No, you don’t have to run a full 26.2 mile marathon. Just take a brisk jog around the block a couple of times a week and really give your heart a good workout. And if you’re looking to lose a little bit a weight in the process, running is one of the best ways to burn calories.
- Paddle board in a pool. Another low impact exercise! Grab your swimsuit and paddle board and hit the nearest community pool. The best part about this exercise is that you don’t have to be an Olympic swimmer to get a good workout. Plus the resistance of the pool will help add to your overall muscle strength.
- Join a class! If you have a gym membership, or if you live close to a recreation center, join a class to get your heart rate up. Yoga and Pilates focus on movement and stretching. If you’re looking for more of a challenge, try a Zumba or a BodyPump class.
- Grab the family and go for a bike ride. Fall is a spectacular Colorado season. Jump on a bike and watch the leaves turn colors. And don’t forget your helmet!
There are just a couple of low-impact exercises that can help keep your heart and body healthy. But the list of activities is endless! Keeping fit is a great way to keep up with preventative heart care and it adds to a healthy lifestyle. Have fun and keep up the good work!
How to use this Information
Your South Denver Heart Center wants you to be as healthy as can be! Visit our website www.southdenver.com for more tips on heart healthy exercises and recipes and nutrition from your Denver Cardiologist.