Did you know it’s possible to eat a meal that is both delicious and healthy at the same time? It turns out you don’t need to cut out all pizzas from your diet if you are trying to stay healthy. The mango salsa pizza can be just what the heart center doctor ordered. This vegetarian pizza is low in saturated fats and high in fibers, which are necessary for a healthy heart. Here’s what you will need:
- 1 Cup chopped red or green peppers
- ½ Cup minced onion
- ½ Cup seeded, chopped, and peeled mangoes.
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ½ cup of pineapple fragments
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 and ½ cups of prepared whole-grain pizza crust
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
2) Coat a 10 or 12 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3) In a bowl, mix the peppers, onions, mangoes, pineapples, lime juice, and cilantro.
4) Put the pizza crust in the oven for about 15 minutes.
5) Remove the pizza crust from the oven and spread the mango salsa all over it.
6) Place the pizza back into the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or when the toppings get hot and the crust a dark brown color.
7) Remove the pizza and slice it into 8 pieces, and serve.
How To Use This Information
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and chalk full of essential nutrients for good heart health. At South Denver Cardiology, we want to help give you the tools to eat right while enjoying it too. We post several recipes every month that you should certainly take a look at. If you’re not sure what foods are essential for good heart health, or how to form a healthy diet regiment, then schedule an appointment with us today by calling us at 303-744-1065, or visit our website here.