Finally spring is here, and that means it’s time for America’s national pastime: baseball! Our boys in purple are back on the field and ready for a great year ahead!
Here are a few highlights to look forward to from this year’s lineup:
- The Rockies have home games scheduled for Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 10 2:10 p.m. vs LA Dodgers) and Father’s Day (Sunday, June 21 2:10 p.m. vs Milwaukee Brewers). Celebrate mom and dad by heading to ballpark for some peanuts and Cracker Jack these special weekends.
- There’s no better way to celebrate our nation than with the Rockies! Incredibly bright fireworks to wow the whole family will take place after these games:
- Friday, May 22, 6:10 p.m. vs San Francisco Giants in honor of Memorial Day.
- Friday, July 10, 6:10 p.m. vs Atlanta Braves! This can’t miss annual 4th of July event is one to remember!
- Friday, September 25, 6:10 p.m. vs LA Dodgers.
- Saturday, July 11, 2:10 p.m. vs Atlanta Braves is the special Military Appreciation Game, where the Rockies honor our nation’s fine servicemen and –women with a special tribute.
- Sunday, September 27, 2:10 p.m. vs LA Dodgers is Fan Appreciation Day.
- You can take a tour of Coors Field! Kids and adults will love to get this behind-the-scenes at the ballpark, and it’s a great way to celebrate Coors Field’s 20th anniversary!
- Purple Mondays: giveaways including new hat and t-shirt designs will be held every Monday to keep fans in the best color of the rainbow: Rockies purple! Attend Monday home games for a chance to win. Purple Mondays Bingo will also be held on every Monday home game. Fans will receive their bingo card upon entrance to the ballpark, and by playing, can win great prizes including autographed merchandise.
- New bobbleheads that will be introduced this season: Justin Morneau Batting Champ on Opening Weekend, Troy Tulowitzki June 7, Nolan Arenado Gold Glove on the last home weekend of July and a Star Wars-themed bobblehead for Star Wars Night, August 22.
Take a look at the official schedule to see if you can make it to a game or two or three or 10 this season! Going to games is a great, and often inexpensive, way to enjoy some time with your family, bond with coworkers, or go out with friends and loved ones. You can also shop for Rockies gear to show your support for Colorado!
How to Use this Information
Stay in top shape for ball season! If you have any questions about your cardiovascular health, talk to the experts at South Denver Cardiology. Call 303-744-1065, or visit our website and schedule an appointment!