As the premier leader in cardiovascular care, South Denver Heart Center receives many career inquiries. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event there is a potential match. Please note, based on a new Centura Health mandate, we will no longer be able to hire applicants who use tobacco products in any way.
Please send your resume to Human Resources and include the position you are applying for in your cover letter and on the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest in a career with the South Denver Heart Center and we look forward to hearing from you.
Get a map & directions to South Denver Cardiology Associates.
Team Member Benefits
South Denver Heart Center team members enjoy a wide variety of company benefits:
• Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• PLT (Personal Leave Time)
• Use of Gym/Yoga Studio/and any class offered at South Denver Heart Center
• 8 Paid Holidays per year
• Employee Parking
• Family & Medical Leave (FMLA)
Wellness Gym Assistant (Full Time Position)
- Instructs group exercise classes (Silver Sneakers and other group classes)
- Monitors and supervises exercise in wellness gym
- Educates and orients patients on the proper use of exercise equipment (aerobic, machine weights and free weights)
- Obtain gym member’s medical records and complete health histories for gym clearance
- Updates membership contracts
- Ability to give group presentations
- Likes working with senior adults
- Proficient with taking member/patient vitals (BP, HR, SpO2) at rest and during exercise
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science from an accredited university
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Group Fitness Instruction Experience (Silver Sneakers Certified Preferred)
- Background check and drug & tobacco test required (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp)
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with other SDCA personnel, gym members, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Requires the ability to work under minimal supervision and assume responsibilities for task initiation and completion
- Basic computer knowledge with experience using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel programs.
- Familiar with gym equipment (aerobic and weight training machines)
Revenue Management Representative (Full Time Position)
• Work past due accounts.
• Take phone calls from patients regarding their balance and insurance questions.
• Post payments from EOBs.
• Work insurance denials.
• Must maintain patient confidentiality and privacy per current HIPAA regulations.
• The individual will possess the ability to assist patient account managers by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information.
• Assist in any additional clerical duties requested by the Revenue Management Supervisor.
• Participation in ongoing training and staff meetings.
• Friendly and professional telephone manner.
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others.
• Flexibility, promptness, and desire to be team player.
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
• Medical office experience.
• Background check required (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp)
• CPT and ICD-10 coding knowledge is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritizes tasks based on urgency.
• Knowledge of computer use and typing.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Ambulatory Monitoring Technician
- Set-up and placement of Holter monitors, event recorders, MCOT’s and sleep study monitors.
- Review of rhythm strips and ECGs.
- Collect and disinfect monitors post-processing.
- Patient training for all ambulatory monitoring devices.
- Patient enrollment for all monitors
- Downloading of all data received from all monitors on the correct systems.
- Processing and distribution of all reports.
- Scanning and faxing of all reports, as required by ordering physicians.
- Scanning and tasking of all reports to SDCA physicians, as applicable.
- Review and distribution of all tasks received concerning ambulatory monitoring devices.
- The entry of results into the Patient Portal, as needed.
- Address patient issues, as they occur.
- Address equipment issues, as needed.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Diagnostic Testing Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: Basic ECG interpretation skills
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Ability to assist patients in an emergency situation, as needed
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Holter monitors, event recorders, MCOT’s and sleep study monitors
- Epic, Allscripts PM, Touchworks and Touchchart
- Phillips Zymed software
- Lifewatch and Biotel software
- Nox T3 sleep study software
- Touchchart scanner
*This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Exercise Treadmill Technician/ Exercise Physiologist (Full Time Position)
- Identifies patients for cardiac stress evaluations
- Reviews patient records for each day’s schedule.
- Prepares patients for cardiac stress evaluation by evaluating resting and exercising EKG/blood pressure.
- Conducts exercising and pharmacological stress evaluations by selecting the appropriate protocol and closely monitors EKG/BP response to stress.
- Maintains clear communications with physicians, nursing staff, and patient.
- Has the ability to maintain professionalism when prepping patients who may be partially clothed.
- Maintains a clean and properly functioning work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise related program, registered nurse license, EMT certification, or a combination of equivalent experience.
- BLS certification
- ACSM certification or comparable experience
- Advanced 12 lead EKG Interpretation experience required. (Must pass a 12-lead exam)
- Able to stand and be continually active for 4-hour intervals
- Able to support the adult patient during an emergency
- Able to move exercise equipment when necessary.
- Background check required (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp)
Clinical Medical Assistant (Full Time Position)
- Must maintain patient confidentiality and privacy per current HIPAA regulations.
- Must be able to establish rapport with patients easily and be customer service focused.
- Needs to be able to communicate so as to reduce anxieties, providing explanations of treatment and answering questions for a variety of patients.
- Assists patients and physicians by escorting patients from the lobby to exam rooms, obtaining vital signs, getting medication list and preparing patients for examination.
- Obtains diagnostic data by performing point of care testing/treatments such as protimes, EKGs, and pulse oximetry.
- Performs clerical duties such as checking patients in and out, filling out disability forms, correcting/editing dictation inaccuracies, managing charts and obtaining physician signatures.
- Complies with federal, state, local, and professional requirements to keep licensing in good standing and by advising management of needed updates.
- Performs EECP once trained and certified.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Prepares, cleans, and stocks exam rooms in the morning and after each exam.
- Coordinates communications by facilitating telephone communications for physicians, insurance companies, and others.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred or an equivalent amount of education or experience.
- Lifting requirements do not exceed 25 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Background check required (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp, and drug test)
Tools and equipment used:
- 12 lead EKG, cardiac monitor/defibrillator, stethoscope, point of care testing equipment, basic computer knowledge, pulse oximetry, etc.
Health Information Professional – Medical Records (Full Time)
• Must maintain patient confidentiality and privacy per current HIPAA regulations
• Ability to read and decipher various types of medical reports to ensure the proper reports get scanned, electronically filed/dated, and tasked to the appropriate MD within EMR as necessary
• Ability to fluidly navigate through our Allscripts scheduling system, as well as our Allscripts EMR system and EMR scanning system
• Responsible for preparing patient office charts for all types of scheduled office visits
• Have the ability to break down and scan paper charts into EMR
• Will assist in interacting with patients and outside entities requesting medical records and as such, completing medical records requests as necessary
• Assist with any additional duties requested by the Medical Records Supervisor
• Ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multitask, problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Requires excellent knowledge and high usage of computers and medically-based computer applications
• Must maintain a friendly and professional demeanor both within the office and on the telephone
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others while having excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• Must have flexibility, promptness, and a desire to be a team player
• Previous Medical Records experience preferred
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
• Position requires a drug test and background check (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp)
• Position is full-time Monday through Friday 8:30am—5:00pm
• Position receives direction from the Medical Records Supervisor
Call Center Scheduler / Customer Service Representative (Full Time Position)
- Answer, triage and route multiple phone lines.
- Management of high call volume.
- Scheduling of office visits and outpatient diagnostic testing.
- Assist Physicians and staff in placing and transferring calls.
- Ability to learn and provide Alpha Numeric paging needs.
- Manage incoming hospital requests according to set protocol.
- Key player and participant in alerting entire building of emergencies.
- Assist callers with directions to all office locations.
- Take messages when required and maintain said records of all communications
- Follow all established call handling protocol as provided by the Supervisor Maintain patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations
- Assist in any additional clerical duties requested by the Supervisor Represent our Practice and Facility to referring Physicians, patients, and all other callers, in a positive and pleasant manner.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize tasks based on urgency.
- Excellent usage of Multi-phone line system and heavy computer use.
- Friendly and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others.
- Flexibility, promptness, and desire to be a team player.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Medical office experience preferred.
- Background check required (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp)