Our mission at South Denver Cardiology is: To Be The Provider of Choice for Delivering The Highest Quality Cardiac Care.
Ensuring our patients receive the highest level of care is always our top priority. This is especially true, as many of you are making life adjustments to protect yourself against COVID-19.
To help keep you safe, effective immediately, we are implementing Video House Calls to replace some in-person appointments for those of you who have seen your provider within the last three years. This means that you do not need to leave the safety of your home to see your provider.
If you have an upcoming scheduled appointment, we will contact you about changing this to a Video House Call. You can call us at 303-744-1065 (select option 2) to learn more and change your appointment. Or, email us at email@example.com
We are dedicated to keeping you safe and well cared for!
What is a Video House Call?
A Video House Call uses video technology already on your computer, tablet, iPad, or smartphone to allow you to meet with your provider in the comfort and safety of your own home.
We can determine a lot just by seeing you and listening to you. This allows us to maintain your level of care and even enable us to renew your medications.
How does a Video House Call Work?
Video House Calls are simple and work with your existing home technology.
- You MUST have a video-enabled computer, tablet, iPad, or smartphone (iPhone or Android), to have a Video House Call. If you are unable to connect or can not use Video House Calls, please call 303-703-2052 for assistance.
- Within 24-48 hours before your Video House Call Appointment, Test your video compatibility here, www.zoom.us/test
- Download “Testing Your Computer” instructions here.
- As a follow up to your care, make sure to sign up for the patient portal to stay in communication with your provider and manage your medical records. Sign up here.
- You and your provider will meet via video and conduct your appointment.
- 5 minutes prior to your appointment click on the Zoom URL link in the email we sent you to enter your appointment.
- Your provider will record your condition, make recommendations, and (if needed) renew medications.
If you have any Video House Call questions, we have answers! Visit our Video House Calls FAQ page here.